Signs and symptoms of drug use.
- Acting intoxicated
- Bloodshot or red eyes
- Imprecise eye movement
- Wearing sunglasses at inappropriate times
- Abnormally pale complexion
- Change in speech patterns and vocabulary patterns
- Repressed physical development
- Sudden appetite
- Unexplained weight loss
- Neglect of personal appearance and grooming
- Unexplained periods of moodiness, depression or anxiety
- Inappropriate overreaction to mild criticism or simple requests
- Loss of interest in previously important things such as hobbies and sports
- Loss of motivation and enthusiasm
- Lethargy, lack of energy and vitality
- Loss of ability to assume responsibility
- Changes in values and beliefs
- Changes in friends, unwillingness to introduce friends to family
- Decline in academic performance
- Reduced short term memory and ability to concentrate
- Use of eye drops and / or mouth wash
D.A.R.E. Parents Guide Book
What do you say to your kids?
- Tell your kids you do not find drug and alcohol use acceptable
- Explain how drug use hurts people. For example, disease, accidents and emotional harm
- Criminal aspects of drug use and damage drug convictions can have on future plans
- Tell your kids you love them and want them to be happy and healthy!
If you believe your child may be using drugs, the Sheriff's office will be holding drug testing kits for parents who would like to test their kids!